- ACCREDITATION SCOPE:
Accredited scope in Calibration as per regulations:
- Calibration of alfa, beta, gamma and X-ray dosimeters, radiometers and other gauges (According to Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 693 “Regulations on Calibration of Measuring Instruments” from 25th August 2008).
- Accredited scope in Testing as per regulations: dose rate measurements at certain distances from sources (gamma and X-Ray radiation) and testing of sample contamination for alfa and beta radiation.
- Accredited scope in Testing outside of regulations: Radiation level calibration tests for radiation monitoring and alarm devices, dose rate measurements at certain distances from sources (gamma and X-Ray radiation) and testing of sample contamination for alfa and beta radiation.
SSDL has been provided with secondary standard instrumentation, calibration/testing and electronic measurement equipment to support necessary calibration and certification services according to the accredited scope. Secondary standards are calibrated and certified by accredited bodies, which guarantees calibration traceability back to the primary standards used.
SSDL in Latvia is official member of the worldwide IAEA/WHO Network of Secondary Standard Dosimetry Laboratories (SSDLs).
Personnel in SSDL, Latvia are highly qualified and experienced professionals in the field of testing and calibration of ionizing radiation measurement and monitoring devices. There is Internal Quality Assurance system implemented in SSDL to guarantee required precision and accuracy of measurement results. SSDL is taking part in international cooperation programs on regular basis to fulfil requirements of the IAEA/WHO Network membership and to insure that instruments used are calibrated according to the International Metrology System .
OTHER SERVICES TO SSDL CLIENTS:
- Advice on solving alfa, beta, gamma and X-ray dosimeter/radiometer testing and calibration issues; consultations about room dosimetry.
- Checking the compliance of measurement results to international and domestic standards.
CALIBRATION AND TEST CERTIFICATES AND REPORTS:
- Formatted according to LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Description of the test and calibration principle and measurement results uncertainty calculation for 95% confidence interval.
- It is possible to receive calibration certificates in English.
- It is possible to receive test reports in English.