Compact and easy to operate, The Whole Body Counter offers a low cost means of ensuring safety for personnel at nuclear facilities, laboratories, or hospitals. The Whole Body Counter measures the total body burden of gamma emitters and also approximates where the emitters are deposited within the body. The Whole Body Counter employs a scanning geometry, long recognized as the geometry which produces the lowest errors due to non-uniform source distribution. Its positional response is far superior to any chair or organ counter. Analytical software provides qualitative and quantitative analysis of radioactive depositions. Our graphical representation of the data allows a technician to determine the quality of the evaluation.Software for The Whole Body Counter is user-friendly with a menu format which provides a variety of standard and optional operating programs. System performance software includes a Quality Assurance program which checks the electronics of the Nal(TI) counter, reporting any errors to the operator. An Energy Calibration program allows the gain of the detector-amplifer system to be adjusted to uniformity and conformity to the design parameters.The equipment is designed to provide the customer with a high quality, quantitative, low-maintenance whole body counter 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Based on Classic Shield, compact, fts in small rooms
- Quantitative and Qualitative analysis
- “Profle” data provides approximate location of gamma emitters
- Background monitored continuously except during count
- Computer adjustable scanning speeds
- May be used optionally with Magnetic Cards or Bar Codes, etc.
The Bed-type Whole Body Couter can be equipped with different detector and its combinations. For example:
- One NaI(Tl), 20x10 cm
- One HPGe detector with LN2 or Electrical cooling, One NaI(Tl), 3”x3”
- Two HPGe detectors with LN2 or Electrical cooling, One NaI(Tl), 3”x3”
- Or any other combination