The MCA527 is a battery powered high performance 16K Multi-Channel Analyzer/Multi-Channel Scaler module with the performance of a laboratory grade MCA. High voltage supply for detector and preamplifier power supply are integrated as well as an internal coarse amplifier and digital filtering and analysis. Together with a detector it forms a small-size gamma spectroscopy system, which is well suited to the demands of field measurements for international safeguards, environmental monitoring, nuclear waste treatment facilities, radioactive transport control and similar applications.
- Coarse amplifier prefilter with amplifications in steps of 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, corresponding to a full scale ADC;
- Input signal positive or negative;
- Linearity better than 0.1%.
- 14bit, 10 MSps;
- Integral Nonlinearity <0.025%;
- temperature stability TK 50.
Digital signal processing:
- double differential trigger filter, or single differential low energy low count rate trigger filter;
- Pile-up-suppression, pulse pair resolution ~400ns, depending on trigger filter;
- Automated and manual adjustment of trigger threshold;
- Channel splitting 128, 256, 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k or 16k;
- Differential nonlinearity <1% for 4k channels and 2μs peaking time;
- Automated PZC adjustment, detector decay time constants from 40μs to 1ms can be compensated;
- TRP preamplifier or Resistive feedback selectable
- Detector HV up to ±5kV, polarity depends on module inserted.
- Li-Ion batteries, operation time 10-25h, depending on detector connected (tbd).
- USB, RS-232 (38.4, 115.2, 307.2 kBd and 3MBd), Ethernet.
- Housing 164 mm x 111 mm x 45 mm without connectors; weight 820g.
- operational: at least 0 - 50 °C, eventual larger range;
- humidity up to 90%, non condensing, IP42.