A modeled object is a dissymmetric structure consisting of embedded cylinders, parallelepipeds, spheres. So objects with sophisticated parameters and arbitrary distribution of activity can be modeled: with surface (internal and external), volume distribution etc.
The built-in set of patterns in EffMaker simplifies the creation of complex geometrical objects with nonuniform activity distribution. The following patterns are included:
- a truncated cone, with one-layer or two-layer walls;
- an empty or filled tube, open sidelong test tube with internal or external surface contamination;
- cylinder, profile, top or bottom view, with one layer of the source;
- a box for the air tubes modeling with external contamination, activity can be distributed in internal or external layers;
- spherical objects with internal contamination like pipe closers
- angle bar and double tee with random orientation, with the contaminated surface;
- circular and rectangular plates.
The main functions:
- fine adjustment of relative position of the detector and the object, including the option of the detector placing inside the object;
- calculation of spectrum and detection efficiency for the selected geometry;
- batch calculation of detection efficiency for different detectors and objects;
- energy spectrum calculation using energy grid or by setting of activities of radionuclides taking into account the decay chain;
- radionuclides database on the basis of ENSDF compatible with Nuclide Master;
- the database of cross-sections of interaction of gamma rays with matter for setting of arbitrary material of the object;
- the database with models and calculation results;
- integration of calculation results with SpectraLine software package.