NitroSPEC-X is used for in-situ and laboratory measurement of characteristic X- and γ – radiation and is applicable for X-ray fluorescence spectrometry and gamma spectrometry.
Characteristics of built-in X-ray tube
- Tube Voltage: 10 to 50 kV
- Tube Current: 5 µA min. / 200 µA max
- Focal Spot Size: Approximately 2 mm
- Window: Beryllium, 127 µm
- Anode material: Ag
Built-in digital spectrometric device technical characteristics
- Coarse amplifier pre-filter with amplification in steps of 2-5-10-20-50, corresponding to a full scale;
- Input DC coupled, offset adjustable and depending on polarity of input signal;
- Linearity is better than 0.1 %.
- 14bit, 10 MSps;
- ADC input range from 12V to 500mV;
- Integral linearity is better than 0.05 %;
- Temperature stability TK 50.
Digital signal processing
- Double differential trigger filter, or single differential low energy low count rate trigger fil-ter;
- Pile-up-suppression, pulse pair resolution ~ 400 ns, depending on trigger filter;
- Automatic and manual adjustment of trigger threshold;
- Shaping time (Integration time / rise time of filter divided by 2) adjustable in the range 0.1 – 25 µs;
- Flat top adjustable 0 – 5 µs;
- Fine adjustment of amplification in steps of < 0.05 %;
- Channel splitting 128, 256, 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k and16k;
- Differential non-linearity <1% for 4k channels and 1 µs shaping time;
- Base Line restorer with adjustable averaging;
- Optimum spectroscopic performance for 50 µs preamp decay time constant;
- PZC adjustment, detector decay time constants from 40µs to 1 ms can be compensated.
Basic spectrometry software allows to:
- Execute spectra acquisition for the set period of time, select regions of interest and examine them on a separate plane, increasing or reducing scale on horizontal and vertical axis;
- Execute power calibration of spectra on two known energies;
- Determine centroids and area of peaks with background deduction and without background deduction;
- Carry out an automatic serial spectra acquisition with automatic record on a disk;
- Mark and select with color peaks or regions of interest;
- Move a marker on a spectrum or regions of interests;
- Make an estimation of energy resolution at one second and one tenth height of full absorption peak;
- Print out spectrum window;
- Transfer spectra to a software for spectral lines identification and elements concentrations determination.
Data analysis software (operation from Notebook) allows to:
- Identify elements according to position of spectral lines using library of X-ray K, L and M series, automatic identification of elements;
- Concentration calibration using standard samples;
- Use spectra of pure elements for precise description of spectral lines during approximation;
- Precise calculate background and net peak areas.